Tuesday, January 23, 2018

5 Awesome Local Market I Visit in Central Europe and West Europe







Local market is must visit place whenever I travel . Why? Local market is really different from the giant modern chain market. The bustling people, smell of yummy food, the freshness of vegetables and fruits. It’s just so irresistible . This is the place where you can see local and their daily activity. How their interact with each other, what kind of food they pick, how they dress and other thing you cannot find in tourist places. Here 5 awesome local market I visit during my traveling through Central and West Europe.




Albert Cuyp Market – Amsterdam

There’s a lot local markets to visit in Amsterdam. Since I don’t have much time I picked one; Albert Cuyp Market. This open market situated on Albert Cuypstraat. Opened from Monday through Saturday. It’s easy to get here. Just take a tram and there’s direction from tram/bus shelter which way you should go. Even from a distant you can feel the vibrant of the market.



Albert Cuyp market sell different kind of product. A wide selection of fresh and organic vegetable, fruit, flowers and also flower seeds. It’s so tempting to buy those fresh vegetable. And of course THE SEXY CHEESE. Gouda and Edame is my favorite. The price is really envious. It’s half cheaper than in my country.  I bought several Gouda cheese. I wish my backpack was big, I probably bought one wheel of cheese. There also a lot of different kind of food. Not only Dutch food but also Italian, Turkish and Indonesian. 

Fresh vegetables,yuuum!



Hey sexy, can I take you home? 😚
Eat the original one. I remember my mom used to made me a Poffertjes. 



 
Made a Poffertjes in big bulk 

 
Raw Herring fish with sliced onion and pickles.


Great Market Hall – Budapest

I must admit that I’m falling in love with Great Market Hall. This is my second time to visit the market. The great market hall is the largest and oldest market in Budapest, build in 1897. I love the architecture of this building.

On the ground floor you can find wide variety of meat, vegetable, pastries, spices and local spirits and also wine. If you like spicy thing, you should buy paprika powder here. It’s one of the Hungarian famous souvenir.  But, I prefer to buy a salami. Budapest salami is sooo delicious. You should buy at least one here. On the second floor has mostly souvenir; leather bags, wooden craft, porcelain, traditional tablecloths and enamelware. Cute and vintage enamel mug is perfect souvenir to buy. I bought it for all my friends and they loved it.




Salami heaven




Viktualienmarkt – Munich

Situated near the Marienplatz, it’s really easy to find this local market. Just walk toward Tal and turn behind St Peter’s church.  The market open from Monday through Saturday, from 08.00 until 06.00 pm.

Vikualienmarkt is perfect place to enjoy some Bavarian food, beer and enjoying the view. They have so many food stall and also beer garden. I had my brunch here while people- watching (also dog-watching). The place pretty crowded on lunch time, you better find the seat before or after lunch.

As the farmer’s market you can find different kind of fresh vegetable, fruits (even a tropical fruits like pineapple and mangoes but the price is really high.) When I visited, there’s abundant of grape and strawberry. I bought one small box  of strawberry and eating it while strolling the market.  And if you like a sausage, this is the right place to buy the famous Weisswurt (sausage made from minced veal and pork back bacon). 











Central Market – Ljubljana

This open air market situated between the two square and have a great river view. When I visit the market it was on week end so the market was really crowed. You can found a lot of fresh and delicious vegetable and fruit. You don’t have to buy in big bulk. Just pick amount of fruits you want and let the seller weighted it for you. I bought a grape here.

There’s also non open air market where you can find a fresh meat, homemade baking goods and cheese. Need something to eat? There's a lot of café served an international and Slovenia cuisine. 





You can buy a pint of milk from vending machine
Open air cafe in Central Market




Cloth Hall – Krakow 
This is probably the most touristy local market yet still stunning. Built in the 14 century, Cloth Hall’s architecture is really amazing. Cloth Hall is part of the Krakow Old Town, A UNESCO World Heritage.  Situated in the middle of the Krakow Market Square you just can’t miss it.  Great place to find an authentic and unique souvenir.  The price here is varied but I must say cheaper than any other souvenir store. The wooden dolls, toys and boxes are so charming. Also there’s a amber, leathers good, silk and crochet.











No comments:

Post a Comment