Friday, January 20, 2006

My Short Arms


Panda doing yoga. The struggle is real.


                                           
After feel more confident in Bikram yoga, I'm trying other yoga style. Ashtanga yoga. It's slightly different with Bikram which practice in hot temperature and standing like one  minute in every pose. 

I think ashtanga is not fo beginner. The pose is bit challenging. Luckily my body already familiar with several yoga pose. In early pose of Ashtanga sequence I don't have much trouble. But alas, ashtanga is really really difficult, specially  on  arm cause I have this weird human anatomy: tiny-mouse-size (and very weak)  arms with a giant-panda-size-hip.
First, fish pose where the arm should rest in knee. okay, with a long breath and high concentration, I did it. 

Next pose (forget the name  which to put both arm behind my back,bow and slowly kiss a knee. Gosh, I struggled and, finally my short left arm meet right arm. Fiuuuh. ^___^ (note: I manage did it only in few seconds then my arm went numb) Then, came twisting pose, bit difficult, I have to grab a towel as a support. Other pose, marichyasana I and marichyasana II , it's insane! my arm can't even wrapping my giant-bear-size-hip. Huaaaah! Huaaah! I tried to pull my arm to my back very very hard. (I saw several member did it and success.well, not for me! :(((
My instructor came to help me, but still my arm move no more. Finally she smiled and said, I don't have to push myself, it takes time. Some pose took longer for some person. I'll be wait when the time come. Breath in  and out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment